Round Rock Towing Impounds
If your vehicle has been impounded, it can be a devastating experience. You probably are not sure where your vehicle is and what steps you need to take to get your vehicle released. If this is your first time having your vehicle impounded, there are some things you need to know. At Eagle Towing, we want to make it as easy as possible for you to get your vehicle back. Here are some things you need to know before you attempt to have your vehicle released. Please note; this is required by law.
- Payment ALL fees and dues MUST be in EXACT change
- A Valid State/Federal government ID ( Driver license, passport, identification card
- A notarized power of attorney
- An affidavit of Right to possession and control
- Valid title and/or vehicle registration that matches the address on your government identification card
- Insurance claim that shows proof of loss or theft
- Receipt from a tax collector
If you need to remove or obtain any items from your vehicle, you must have the following that is required by law:
- You or an authorized representative is allowed to remove personal items from the vehicle after presenting valid government identification and at least one of the official documents listed above
- You may not rearrange or remove any parts on the vehicle such as engine, tires, car radio, or any other removable parts from the vehicle.
- You must have a detailed receipt of the items that were removed from the vehicle and present it to the vehicle storage facility.
What should you do about law enforcement holds?
If for any reason, your vehicle has a law enforcement hold, the TDLR does not interfere with the law enforcement agency’s decision. If you feel that your vehicle should be released, you must speak to the law enforcement agency to get your vehicle released. You or your authorized representative must correspond with the law enforcement agency to see when and if you can make arrangements to have your car released. It is at the discretion of the law enforcement agency if they want to release your vehicle. TDLR has no authority or power to release your vehicle when it is under a law enforcement hold
When it comes to making your payments, you are probably wondering what an acceptable form of payment is. The most common forms of payment is either cash or debit cards. Cash, MasterCard, Visa and Discover are acceptable. DEBIT CARDS only!