ROUND ROCK TOWING AND PARKING FAQ'S
WHAT HELP DO YOU NEED?
Browse Our Popular Questions
Unfortunately, yes, you will still have to pay. However, you will only be required to pay the drop fees set forth by a few municipalities and/or Texas State. You can use this link: (http://www.license.state.tx.us/towing/towinglaw.htm) to find out more information and to determine the different drop fees based on your unique situation.
In most cases, the storage facility will not reject any form of payment. However, you will be able to pay via, debit card, credit card or personal check for any charges associated with the storage and/or delivery of your vehicle. It’s highly advisable to call the storage facility before you arrive to ensure you have an acceptable form of payment.
If you feel you were treated unfairly and you want to know your rights, you can call the TDLR to find out your rights and more information. Or you can use this link to find out more information: http://www.license.state.tx.us/towing/towinglaw.
The private property owner can request removal of an unauthorized vehicle on its premises by verbal or written agreement.
According to Texas State Law, signage must be in entrances, notifying drives that their vehicle will be removed by a towing service if they violate trespassing and parking laws.
There are a few circumstances where towing can tow a vehicle where the owner’s consent is not required. According to TDLR, are a few instances:
- If a towing company receives written notice that was written by the owner of the parking lot
- Obstruction of a well- constructed driveway or a public road that is disrupting the flow of traffic from entering and exiting
- Removal of vehicle approved by an officer of the peace or a parking lot owner
- Remove at the request of a property owner in written form or a standard agreement
- Towing companies that have a certain type of liability insurance have the right to remove an illegally parked vehicle and store it at a facility for towed vehicles.
For more detailed information and to find out the different laws and regulations regarding towing laws and parking rights, visit the official website at http://www.license.state.tx.us TDLR is Texas Department of License and Regulation.*